“El proyecto «Journey to health through heritage route» está cofinanciado por el programa Erasmus+ de la Unión Europea. El contenido de esta web es responsabilidad exclusiva del colegio Divino Maestro de Baza y ni la Comisión Europea, ni el Servicio Español para la Internacionalización de la Educación (SEPIE) son responsables del uso que pueda hacerse de la información aquí difundida.”
Proyecto - Coordinador España
The «Journey to Health through Heritage Routes” project aims to foster a healthy lifestyle promoting heritage through cultural routes. For that purpose, the strategy is structured around the following key themes: the rise of obesity across Europe, and the lack of promotion of our natural environment and heritage assets. All these routes shall be specified in our network of hiking trails. Moreover, we intend to implement different applications of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) in class, especially nowadays with the excessive use of new technologies, social networks or smartphone apps such as WhatsApp and others. The project is also endorsed by teachers, school students, and some of their families along with three other centres’ management teams to accomplish a mutually-enriching approach.
PHASES AND ACTIVITIES.
1. Data collection & analysis. A research through surveying using questionnaires —assessed by a nutritional expert and completed using an app— along with information about physical activity among students.
2. Results Analysis. Discuss the results obtained with the assistance of a nutritional expert and the Faculty of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences. To do that, students have to develop proposals between partner countries in accordance with the initial needs of each of them. Finally, they evaluate whether or not to make an effective influence –if so, to what degree– according to eating habits and physical activity.
3. Involvement. Prepare specific actions to develop the proposal of the previous phase. As an activity to increase the level of physical activity, a number of hiking trails will be provided on a list. The main goal is to complete this network of paths with different levels of difficulty, suitable for walking, and starting from within the school grounds. Every path will be assigned a QR code allowing anyone to check information about the heritage trail. Apart from the motivational element in this activity, we intend to promote and discover our cultural heritage among students and their social environment. Other considered activities are: organizing sports leagues, playground games, a healthy breakfast plan, and many others.
4. Mid-term evaluation of the activities which have been put into practice. Compare the initial results and evaluate the effectiveness of the actions in order to apply corrective measures, if necessary. At this point, we can plan data sharing with Poland exchanging points of view and results from the rest of the schools. Finally, we will plan our visit to the first trail in Poland to study the promotion in Call 2018 Round 1 KA2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices KA229 – School Exchange Partnerships FormId KA229-DB0D3051 Deadline (Brussels Time) 21 Mar 2018 12:00:00 67 / 69EN Krakow.
5. Correction & valuation adjustment of initial actions according to the degree of achievement of the main targets. Romania and Spain should inaugurate their trails on this phase.
6. Global evaluation, and publicity & promotional tools to maximize impact. This remains as one of our biggest concerns. Following the completion of this project, we hope our students’ nutritional and sporting aspects will have improved. All this together with the implementation of ICT in the classroom, and a greater dissemination of our cultural heritage are also key themes. The delegations of each country and their methodologies should be assisted by cooperative groups to design activities and student mobility. We will use an active methodology where the main driving force for the activities will be the students, who will always be guided and advised by the teachers involved, considering that both are the main bastions of our project. One of the biggest challenges is keeping this project alive over time. For that matter, some of the activities may be used or promoted as teaching units for other schools (i.e. playground games, cooking classes, sports club, hiking, jogging…).